How to Create Your Custom Green Smoothie
Sometimes you reach for your Vitamix blender and discover that the fruits and vegetables in your refrigerator don’t quite match the ingredients of the green smoothie recipe that you had in mind. We’ve created a mix and match guide to help you blend the fruits and vegetables you have on hand and create your own custom green smoothie.
How to Create Your Custom Green Smoothie:
- Choose one item from Column A, two from Column B, and one from Column C.
- Place all your ingredients in the Vitamix machine, liquid first, then soft ingredients, then firmer ones.
- Add one cup of ice last.
- Secure the lid and select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to your machine’s highest speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Drink and enjoy.
Column A (Choose 1 Item)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup kale 1/2 head of romaine 1 romaine heart 3/4 cup raw broccoli 1 small head of Bibb or Boston lettuce
Column B (Choose 2 Items)
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 apple
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 cup melon, peeled
- 1 cup pineapple
- 1 cup berries
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled or unpeeled
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup peaches
- 1 cup mango, peeled
- 1/2 cup papaya, peeled
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 pear
Column C (Choose 1 Item)
- 1 cup soy milk (plain or vanilla)
- 1 cup yogurt (flavored or plain)
- 1 cup fruit juice
- 1 cup water
See related article: