- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cool water
- 4 (908 g) medium to large apples, seeded and cut into large pieces
- 2 double layer cheese cloths
- Place water and apples into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to push apples into the blades until puréed.
- If desired, transfer purée to a bowl lined with cheesecloth set atop a bowl and twist until juice is extracted.
- Allow to strain about 10 minutes.
For the best flavor, combine two or more apple varieties.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.