- 6 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (196 g) small dice yellow onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) ketchup
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) orange juice
- 3/4 cup (166 g) packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) malt vinegar
- 2 ancho chiles, diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup (242 g) canned, drained apricots or fresh
- Sauté the bacon in a large sauté pan over medium heat until almost crisp, about 4 minutes. Add the onions and sauté until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic, about 1 minute
- Add all the remaining ingredients. Simmer until the apricots are very soft, about 10 minutes. Taste the sauce and season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Transfer sauce to Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds, until relatively smooth.
- The glaze is ready to use, or it can be cooled and stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.