- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (25 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups (80 g) fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup (30 g) walnuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to Variable 7.
- Blend for 45 seconds-1 minute, using the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
Recipe yields enough sauce to coat one pound of pasta.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.