- 3/4 cup (180 ml) cranberry juice, chilled
- 1/4 cup (24 g) cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 (50 g) small beet, steamed
- 1/3 cup (50 g) frozen strawberries
- 2 teaspoons honey or other sweetener, to taste
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
The consistency of this smoothie will turn out as more of a juice drink.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.