- 3 cups (720 ml) low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups (360 g) canned, drained and rinsed black beans (1/2 beans reserved)
- 1 1/2 cups (360 g) canned, drained and rinsed chickpeas (1/2 chickpeas reserved)
- 1/2 cup (80 g) chopped onion, sautéed
- 3 garlic cloves, roasted
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) lime juice
- 1 (10 g) jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (37 g) coarsely chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup (37 g) coarsely chopped yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup (25 g) chopped scallions, garnish
- Place vegetable stock, beans, chickpeas, onion, garlic, lime juice, jalapeño pepper, and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug. Add peppers and reserved beans through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for additional 10 seconds. Serve immediately.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.