- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup (120 g) chopped onion
- 18 ounces (519 g) russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch (1.3 cm) cubes
- 2 cups (480 ml) vegetable stock
- 3 fresh corn ears, shucked, kernels removed OR 3 cups frozen corn kernels, divided use
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Sauté onion in butter until soft, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes, stock, and 1 cup corn. Simmer with lid on until potatoes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place mixture and milk into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Return mixture to saucepan over low heat. Stir in remaining corn and season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with fresh chopped parsley.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.