- 1/2 cup (92 g) white rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (480 ml) water
- Place rice in the Vitamix DRY BLADE container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7 or 8.
- Grind to desired degree of fineness, about 10 seconds. If a finer cereal is desired, grind longer.
- In a saucepan, heat salted water to boiling. Slowly add cracked rice to boiling water. Sitr constantly with a wire whisk.
- Turn heat to low, cover and simmer 8-10 minutes. Stir frequently.
For a very fine toddler cereal, turn speed to HIGH, and grind to desired degree of fineness.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.