- 2/3 cup (63 g) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup (50 g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) white wine vinegar or distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) vegetable oil, or light olive oil
- Combine the cranberries, sugar, and vinegar in a small, nonreactive saucepan and cook over medium heat until the cranberries pop, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Place the mixture into the Vitamix container, add the Dijon, orange juice, salt and pepper and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Reduce speed to Variable 5 and remove the lid plug.
- Gradually drizzle in the oil through the lid plug opening. The dressing should become smooth and emulsified.
- Serve over the Endive Salad with Roasted Pears, Hazelnuts, & Blue Cheese (see recipe).
Dressing will keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.