- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 1 Gala apple (211 g / 7.4 oz), halved, seeded, quartered
- 1 ripe D'Anjou Pear (213 g / 7.5 oz), halved, seeded, quartered
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar or maple sugar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon apple butter
- 1/4 cup (24 g) cranberries (whole fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 cup (240 ml) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.