- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (89 g) leeks, white parts chopped (1 medium)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup (240 ml) vegetable broth
- 1- 9.9 ounce jar artichoke hearts in water, rinsed, drained
- 4 ounces (114 g) russet potatoes cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves removed
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3-6 Tablespoons (45-90 ml) Kale Pesto (see recipe)
- Heat oil in a medium to large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes or until leeks are softened and translucent. Add broth, artichokes, potatoes, thyme leaves, and water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Place mixture into the Vitamix container, add lemon juice, and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Serve immediately. Divide into bowls and garnish with 1 Tablespoon of Kale Pesto (see recipe).
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.