- 1 medium carrot, halved or about 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 small onions, peeled, quartered or about 3/4 cup chopped
- 2 pounds (908 g) fresh tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Additional seasoning, to taste
- Place all ingredients, except bay leaf, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5 or 6.
- Blend for 15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into large saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Serve with fish, broiled chicken or any pasta.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.