- 1 cup (165 g) sliced fresh pears, seeded
- 0.5 cup (75 g) fresh pineapple chunks
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) fresh hot or mild green chilies
- 1/4-1/2 cup (50-75 g) granulated sugar or other sweetener, to taste
- 0.5 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3 minutes.
- Store spread in refrigerator.
For a milder spread, remove seeds and membranes from the chili. Serve on your favorite breads, crackers, bagels, ice cream, or use it with or over chicken or pork chops.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.