- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 6 ounces (170 g) roasted red pepper
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- ½ cup (120 g) tahini paste
- 2 ½ Tablespoon (38 ml) lemon juice
- 2 (6 g) garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 cups (720 g) canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades, or until smooth. Add additional water if necessary to keep mixture flowing freely through blades.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.