- 2 cups (480 ml) canned stewed tomatoes, no salt added
- 4 ounces (112 g) canned jalapeño peppers
- 4 ounces (112 g) canned green chilies
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (10 g) fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 3.
- Blend for 5-10 seconds or until ingredients are chopped to desired consistency. If necessary, use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades while processing. Do not over mix. Serve with tortilla chips.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.