- 1 cup (200 g) dried soy beans
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 cups (840 ml) water
- Clean whole soy beans and soak for 4-8 hours. Steam for about 15 minutes.
- Drain soy beans and let cool.
- Measure 1 1/2 cups of cooked beans. Place beans, sugar, and water into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 1/2 minutes until smooth.
To obtain a commercial style soy milk, strain through a filtration bag. Flavor soy milk with 1/2 teaspoon table salt and 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or sweeten to taste with your favorite sweetener. Store extra soaked and steamed beans in the refrigerator for a few days or freeze in their cooking liquid for longer storage.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.