- 1/2 large onion, peeled, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cups (305 g) canned pumpkin
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut cream
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Sauté onion in olive oil until soft. Add tomato paste, pumpkin, ginger, garlic, broth, coconut cream and coconut milk. Combine until thoroughly heated through.
- Place mixture, chilies, and lemon juice into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 2 1/2 minutes or until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve garnished with chopped cilantro, chopped peanuts, and sour cream or plain yogurt.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.