- For the Sun Dried Tomatoes:
- 2 ounces (60 ml) sun dried tomatoes
- For the Fondue:
- 1 (14-ounce) (420 ml) can of chopped tomatoes, chopped with liquid
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) chicken stock
- Sun dried tomato liquid
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 0.5 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces (180 ml) Provolone cheese, cubed
- 12 ounces (360 ml) Mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3 ounces (90 ml) grated parmesan
- Steep sun dried tomatoes in 1 cup hot water for 30 minutes.
- Drain, save liquid for step 4.
- Chop sun-dried tomato pieces and reserve.
- Place can of tomatoes, sun-dried tomato liquid, 3/4 cup chicken stock, lemon juice, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, basil, corn starch, and pepper flakes into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes or until mixture is smooth and warm.
- Fold in provolone, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses.
- Pour mixture into fondue pot. Stir in the reserved sun dried tomato pieces.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.