Acorn Squash Soup
- 2 cups (480 other) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) low fat evaporated milk
- 1/2 medium acorn squash, cooked, peeled, seeded
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.