Acorn Squash Soup
- 2 cups (480 other) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) low fat evaporated milk
- 1/2 medium acorn squash, cooked, peeled, seeded
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Can I use Heavy Whipping Cream instead of low fat milk?
Yes you may use heavy cream instead of the low fat evaporated milk. I would recommend reserving this till you have blended the soup reduce the speed to variable 2 remove the lid plug and pour the cream through the opening. Blend for another 30 seconds.
Date published: 2015-10-30
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|