Aioli is a garlic mayonnaise that can be used as a vegetable dip or sandwich spread.
- 3 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1.5 cups (350 ml) light olive oil
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 8.
- While machine is running, remove the lid plug and drop in garlic cloves through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for 10 seconds, then reduce speed to variable 6.
- With the machine still running, slowly pour oil in a thin, steady stream through the lid plug opening until emulsified.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 tbsp|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Aioli is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 4 out of 5 by BKHSRQ from Easy peasy! Other than decreasing the amount of olive oil by a smidge, I followed the recipe exactly and had aioli. When I went to spoon it out of the vitamix, I saw there was a bit of unemulsified oil left so I turned it on again, starting at 1 and gradually increasing to 6 and voila...perfection.
Date published: 2016-01-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by JJOtt from Easy and delicious I cut the recipe to two egg yolks and eyeballed the rest; it came out great. I thought it was going to be too thin but I just let it run until it thickened. This will be a great base sauce with other flavors.
Date published: 2016-02-24
Rated 1 out of 5 by Michelle76 from DID NOT WORK I tried followed directions however it turned out really really runny. Sadly had to dump out. Not sure where I went wrong or the receipe did???
Date published: 2015-10-30
What are pasteurized egg yolks
Pasteurized eggs are eggs that have gone through the pasteurization process. Most eggs sold in grocery stores in the United States are pasteurized. This process helps prevent the spread of Salmonella.
Date published: 2016-07-05