Almond Chicken Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) low sodium chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons (16 g) cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon cooking sherry (water may be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Red or white pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 cups (280 g) diced chicken breast
- 1 cup (90 g) chopped broccoli
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (110 g) grated carrots
- 1 cup (120 g) chopped celery
- 1 cup (150 g) chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup (150 g) chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup (100 g) chopped green onion
- 1 cup (70 g) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (54 g) slivered almonds
- To make sauce, place soy sauce, chicken stock, cornstarch, sherry, sugar, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 10 seconds or until well blended. Set aside.
- Stir-fry chicken in olive oil in a large pan until thoroughly cooked.
- Add broccoli and stir-fry for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables and almonds and cook until crisp tender.
- Pour sauce over stir-fry and cook until thickened.
- Serve over rice.
Nutrition is based on complete recipe including rice, chicken, vegetables and sauce.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.