- 1/2 cup (115 g) light or regular butter spread
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) egg substitute or 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup (94 g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (90 g) whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (50 g) slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place butter spread, egg, sugar, milk and almond extract into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4 or 5.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds or until ingredients are creamed. Remove the lid plug.
- Add flours, salt, baking soda and almonds.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds or until well mixed, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Drop by teaspoons onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.