Almond Leek Soup
- 1 cup (145 g) blanched almonds
- 6 cups (1.4 l) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups (240 g) coarse chopped celery
- 1 (160 g) medium coarse chopped leek, white parts only
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Simmer almonds in broth until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Sauté leeks and celery until soft.
- Add sautéed vegetables to almonds and broth. Simmer until soft, about 15 minutes and let cool for 10-15 minutes or until temperature is 120˚F (65˚C).
- Place ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place soup back into a pan and heat on stove for about 10 minutes or just until it begins to simmer. Serve immediately.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|