Almond or Cashew Milk
Create fresher, more flavorful almond or cashew milk at home. This recipe yields 4 1/2 cups of milk from just 1 cup of nuts.
- 3 cups (720 ml) water
- 1 cup (140 g) raw almonds (soaked overnight), or cashews
- Sugar or sweetener, to taste (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Store in refrigerator. Shake well before using.
If you desire to strain away sediment, place a fine mesh sieve or filtration bag over a large bowl. Pour almond milk slowly into sieve and allow to filter through, or stir the milk in the sieve with a spatula to encourage it to pass through more rapidly. Do not strain if using cashews. *Note: Almond Milk is high in fiber only if it's not strained.
How can I make macadamia nut milk? Would it be the same recipe, just substituting the nuts? Could I not strain it, like cashew milk?
do you take the skins off the almonds?
How much calcium is in homemade almond milk? Which nut is the best for this?
What is the nutritional value of this almond milk recipe? I just did it yesterday for my baby and he loved it!
How long will this milk keep in the refrigerator?
How long will the almond milk last?
After soaking the almonds, should I discard the soaking water and use fresh water when blending?
JUST BOUGHT THE VITAMIN... DO IHAVE TO SOAK THE ALMONDS BEFORE I USE THEM?
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|