Almond or Cashew Milk
- 3 cups (720 ml) water
- 1 cup (140 g) raw almonds (soaked overnight), or cashews
- Sugar or sweetener, to taste (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Store in refrigerator. Shake well before using.
If you desire to strain away sediment, place a fine mesh sieve or filtration bag over a large bowl. Pour almond milk slowly into sieve and allow to filter through, or stir the milk in the sieve with a spatula to encourage it to pass through more rapidly. Do not strain if using cashews. *Note: Almond Milk is high in fiber only if it's not strained.
Do the raw almonds need to be soaked overnight?
Any suggestions for lowering the calories, aside from the obvious of adding more water? I am wondering if there is a method to assist with lowering the fat content?
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|