Almond or Cashew Milk
- 3 cups (720 ml) water
- 1 cup (140 g) raw almonds (soaked overnight), or cashews
- Sugar or sweetener, to taste (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Store in refrigerator. Shake well before using.
If you desire to strain away sediment, place a fine mesh sieve or filtration bag over a large bowl. Pour almond milk slowly into sieve and allow to filter through, or stir the milk in the sieve with a spatula to encourage it to pass through more rapidly. Do not strain if using cashews. *Note: Almond Milk is high in fiber only if it's not strained.
do you take the skins off the almonds?
How long will this milk keep in the refrigerator?
How long will the almond milk last?
After soaking the almonds, should I discard the soaking water and use fresh water when blending?
JUST BOUGHT THE VITAMIN... DO IHAVE TO SOAK THE ALMONDS BEFORE I USE THEM?
I want to try making cashew milk, I've got unsalted cashews. Do I need to soak them as well or is that just almonds? And if I wanted to make chocolate cashew milk any recommendations on what chocolate to use?
If I have the new elite and a 48 oz container. What would be my mix time & strength for this recipe?
I just wanted to add to my earlier question the comment that I used my almond milk mostly for smoothies and do want to keep the calorie count a little lower - I use a 4:1 ratio (4 cups of water to 1 cup of almonds) and it is still creamy and delicious.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|