Almond or Cashew Milk
- 3 cups (720 ml) water
- 1 cup (140 g) raw almonds (soaked overnight), or cashews
- Sugar or sweetener, to taste (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Store in refrigerator. Shake well before using.
If you desire to strain away sediment, place a fine mesh sieve or filtration bag over a large bowl. Pour almond milk slowly into sieve and allow to filter through, or stir the milk in the sieve with a spatula to encourage it to pass through more rapidly. Do not strain if using cashews. *Note: Almond Milk is high in fiber only if it's not strained.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|