Apple Acorn Squash Soup
A wonderful fall soup with fresh apples and acorn squash picked during autumn harvest.
- 3 cups (420 g) acorn squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (18 g) small onion, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 (112 g) large apple, quartered, seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Steam squash in a steamer or microwave. Sauté onion and garlic in oil until onion is clear and tender. Set aside
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to high.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes. Serve immediately.
Serve with sour cream or yogurt.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
Apple Acorn Squash Soup is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rose33 from Delicious Recipe (with a few modifications) This recipe is a great starter, a very healthy and filling meal. The only modifications I made were using 4 sprigs of dried thyme, medium onion instead of a small one, twice as much garlic, and I added some chopped fresh rosemary as I was sauteeing the onions and garlic. This gave the soup a lot of good flavor. I also steemed 2 acorn squash (which was probably more than 3 cups full) and added all of the steemed squash to the soup. This helped cut down the acidity but made the soup sweeter. Both ways yielded delicious results!
Date published: 2016-01-08