Apple Acorn Squash Soup
- 3 cups (420 g) acorn squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (18 g) small onion, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 (112 g) large apple, quartered, seeded
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Steam squash in a steamer or microwave. Sauté onion and garlic in oil until onion is clear and tender. Set aside
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to high.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes. Serve immediately.
Serve with sour cream or yogurt.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.