This simple technique delivers maximum nutrition with very little effort. For the best flavor, combine two or more apple varieties.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cool water
- 4 (908 g) medium to large apples, seeded and cut into large pieces
- 2 double layer cheese cloths
- Place water and apples into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to push apples into the blades until puréed.
- If desired, transfer purée to a bowl lined with cheesecloth set atop a bowl and twist until juice is extracted.
- Allow to strain about 10 minutes.
For the best flavor, combine two or more apple varieties.
How can we use the pulp that is leftover? Would hate to waste it and I don't have a composter.
How long the juice last in the fridge?
Do I have to use a cheese cloth? Is this needed?
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||45 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|