- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cool water
- 4 (908 g) medium to large apples, seeded and cut into large pieces
- 2 double layer cheese cloths
- Place water and apples into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to push apples into the blades until puréed.
- If desired, transfer purée to a bowl lined with cheesecloth set atop a bowl and twist until juice is extracted.
- Allow to strain about 10 minutes.
For the best flavor, combine two or more apple varieties.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Apple Juice is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by antoine from perfect apple juice just tried this recipe! with 3 kind of apples macintosh, honey crisp and gala. when i put the blended mixture into a cheesecloth and squeezed it, it went so fast and not much chunk left into the cheesecloth. perfect apple juice made home. wow.
Date published: 2015-11-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bling Bling from Awesome Juice I used a strainer instead of cheese cloth. Got about 1 cup of apple juice. I let it sit over a bowl for about 10 minutes. Great tasting! Gonna try to make apple sauce with the pulp.
Date published: 2016-04-12
How can we use the pulp that is leftover? Would hate to waste it and I don't have a composter.
You can always add the apples to your smoothies, or even use them in baking. Apple pancakes are a delicious way to start your morning!
Date published: 2016-04-27
How long the juice last in the fridge?
Juices should last 3-4 days in the fridge.
Date published: 2016-05-17
Do I have to use a cheese cloth? Is this needed?
It just makes a smoother apple juice if you strain it with cheese cloth. It's perfectly fine e to not strain it as well. Probably a little more nutritional value if you don't strain it.
Date published: 2016-03-22
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||45 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|