Apple Pie Ice Cream
Capture the classic American comfort food in this mouth-watering ice cream. An optional banana gives the recipe extra sweetness.
- 3 ounces (89 ml) frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup (60 g) low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 (70 g) apple, cored, seeded quartered
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 (65 g) ripe banana
- 3 cups (720 ml) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Use the tamper to press ingredients into the blades while processing.
- In about 30 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form in the mixture. Stop machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
If mixture has the consistency of a milkshake, firm it up by slowly adding another cup of frozen ice cubes. Process until smooth.
Just wondering how to adjust the recipe to use in a s30 1.2L container? Also, are there general guidelines to scale down recipes so that I can use the s30?
I would like to make this to take to my son's for Thanksgiving. How can I make more than one batch and keep it for several hours?
I don't have the new models of VITAMIX, can I do this recipe in the classic one? How?
Can I use the frozen setting for the apple ic cream?
What adjustments need to be made to the Apple Pie Ice Cream to work for a 5000 series blender? Also, what is the cost to purchase a 5000 series 32 ounce container?
Can you freeze the ice cream after it is made - to be eaten later?
Will the frozen dessert setting work for this recipe?
Would this be made with the frozen desserts setting?
|Serving Size||0.5 c ( 120 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|