Apple-icious Whole Grain Cereal
- 1/4 cup (48 g) brown rice
- 1/4 cup (50 g) whole wheat kernels
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) apple cider
- Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 apple, seeded, chopped
- Sweetener of choice (optional)
- Place rice, wheat and salt into the Vitamix DRY BLADE container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 15 seconds.
- Place liquid ingredients and cinnamon stick into a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Stir in wheat and rice mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Add apples and walnuts to the wheat/rice mixture with 5 minutes left in the cooking process.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.