Asian Buffalo Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) honey or agave nectar
- 1 orange, peeled, halved
- 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 inch (4 x 1.3 cm) cube fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 inches (5 cm) strip of orange peel
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds until smooth, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
For serving: Toss cooked wings in sauce. This is a low fat twist on traditional Buffalo wing sauce. You can also serve it with grilled ribs, chicken, or tofu.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Asian Buffalo Sauce is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 1 out of 5 by stlhunk from No Dice Made this recipe last night. Some of the ingredients are a bit vague (1.5 by 5. cube of ginger, 2 inch strip of orange peel) so maybe I overdid something. Either way, it didn't taste like it was anywhere near tasting good. Pretty disappointed.
Date published: 2016-01-13
Rated 1 out of 5 by Mikee from Did not taste good. I wanted a slightly spicy sauce to put on chicken. I blended the sauce from the recipe. It felt overpowering in some flavor and muddy tasting at the same time. Taste before putting on your chicken. Would not recommend.
Date published: 2015-12-29
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|