Asian Buffalo Sauce
Classic Asian flavors are brightened up with the addition of a whole orange—including a bit of the peel—and fresh ginger, making this a tasty twist on buffalo sauce.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) honey or agave nectar
- 1 orange, peeled, halved
- 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 inch (4 x 1.3 cm) cube fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 inches (5 cm) strip of orange peel
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds until smooth, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
For serving: Toss cooked wings in sauce. This is a low fat twist on traditional Buffalo wing sauce. You can also serve it with grilled ribs, chicken, or tofu.
|Serving Size||0.25 c ( 60 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|