Asian Buffalo Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) honey or agave nectar
- 1 orange, peeled, halved
- 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 inch (4 x 1.3 cm) cube fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 inches (5 cm) strip of orange peel
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds until smooth, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
For serving: Toss cooked wings in sauce. This is a low fat twist on traditional Buffalo wing sauce. You can also serve it with grilled ribs, chicken, or tofu.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.