Autumn Sweet Potato Smoothie
The bright fall flavors of sweet potato, apple, cranberries, and ginger create this smooth, delicious alternative to apple cider.
- 1 1/3 cups (200 g) red grapes
- 1/2 medium orange, peeled
- 1/2 (5 oz) sweet potato, cooked and cooled
- 1/2 (4.1 oz) medium apple, halved
- 1/4 cup (25 g) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger or Ginger Paste (See Recipe)
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 cups (480 ml) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||49 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
Autumn Sweet Potato Smoothie is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sandman from You are going to love this one!! I have made this recipe many times since purchasing my VitaMix blender. Since cranberries and sweet potatoes and fresh apples are currently in season, I usually have this a couple times a week. it's that good! One of my favorite smoothies, and not just for Fall.
Date published: 2015-10-28
Not a big ginger fan,or making a paste. Anyone make without the ginger ?
This smoothie is delicious with, or without the ginger!
Date published: 2016-08-30