Avocado Yogurt Sauce
Plain, low-fat yogurt creates this creamy avocado dip, a delicious alternative to standard salsa.
- 1½ cup (360 g) plain low fat yogurt
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 lime, peeled, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, quartered
- ¼ cup (10 g) fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Place yogurt, avocados, garlic, lime, salt, and jalapeño pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Reduce speed to Variable 7. Remove lid plug and add cilantro through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for 15 seconds.
Leave seeds and membrane in jalapeño for a spicier sauce. Serve with tacos, fajitas, seafood, poultry or as a salsa alternative with crisps.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons (30 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|