Avocado Yogurt Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (360 g) plain low fat yogurt
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 lime, peeled, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeño pepper, halved, seeds and membranes removed
- 1/4 cup (5 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- Place yogurt, avocados, garlic, lime, salt, and jalapeño pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Reduce speed to Variable 7. Remove lid plug and add cilantro through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for 15 seconds.
Leave seeds and membrane in jalapeno for a spicier sauce. Serve with tacos, fajitas, seafood, poultry or as a salsa alternative with chips.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.