Avocado Yogurt Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (360 g) plain low fat yogurt
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 lime, peeled, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeño pepper, halved, seeds and membranes removed
- 1/4 cup (5 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- Place yogurt, avocados, garlic, lime, salt, and jalapeño pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. Reduce speed to Variable 7. Remove lid plug and add cilantro through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for 15 seconds.
Leave seeds and membrane in jalapeno for a spicier sauce. Serve with tacos, fajitas, seafood, poultry or as a salsa alternative with chips.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Can I grind the avocado seed in the Vitamix?
Yes you can grind an avocado seed in the Vitamix. There are mixed research on whether or not to blend an avocado seed from just bad flavor to actual nutrition facts. The California Avocado Council is a great resource to utilize when looking into anything Avocado to answer those questions more.
Date published: 2016-01-02
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|