Baby Food Purées
A smooth, homemade version of healthy baby food, featuring whole fruits, vegetables, and proteins.
- 2 cups (300 g) Fruit: fresh or frozen, thawed: Bananas, peeled; Peaches, peeled; Avocado; Papaya, peeled, seeded; Mango
- 2 cups (300 g) Fruit, steamed, fresh: Apples, seeded; Pears, seeded
- 2 cups (260 g) Vegetable steamed (fresh or frozen) or canned: Sweet potatoes, peeled; Peas; Squash, peeled, seeded; Carrots; Green Beans; Spinach; Corn
- 2 cups (280 g) boneless cubed cooked meat: Chicken, Turkey, Pork, Beef, veal, Lamb
- Choose one or more items from the list of sample ingredients and prepare accordingly. Place into the Vitamix container along with 1/4 cup (60 ml) water, formula or breast milk and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to Variable 4. Increase speed as needed, depending on ingredients used, to achieve the desired consistency. If necessary, use the tamper to press any ingredients into the blades while processing.
- Blend for 20-30 seconds. If mixture is too thick, remove the lid plug and add additional water, formula or breast milk, 1/4 cup (60 ml) at a time through the lid plug opening. Continue blending to achieve desired consistency.
- Serve immediately or freeze excess baby food in ice cube trays.
To get more nutrients, use the cooking water when blending. When making batches of baby food for freezing, only use freshly-expressed breast milk--never use frozen breast milk that has been thawed. These recipes are for babies age 6 months and older and are intended as suggestions only. Consult your child's pediatrician for specific nutritional requirements.
I am new to using Vitamix, but not new to making baby food. In the past I never added water to my purees. Is water needed?
Can I use the raw carrot to make a puree ?
|Amount Per Servings|