Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup
- 2 cups (480 ml) milk
- 2 (450 g) medium russet potatoes, baked, divided use
- 1/3 cup (40 g) shredded, low fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 (18 g) small onion, chopped, sautéed in 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces (55 g) bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Place milk, one potato, cheese, onion, dill weed, rosemary and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3.
- Remove the lid plug. Drop in remaining potato and bacon. Blend for an additional 10 seconds, until chopped.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.