Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup
- 2 cups (480 ml) milk
- 2 (450 g) medium russet potatoes, baked, divided use
- 1/3 cup (40 g) shredded, low fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 (18 g) small onion, chopped, sautéed in 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces (55 g) bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Place milk, one potato, cheese, onion, dill weed, rosemary and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3.
- Remove the lid plug. Drop in remaining potato and bacon. Blend for an additional 10 seconds, until chopped.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 4 out of 5 by SKSKEETERS from Good, But Not Great I really wanted to make soup tonight, so I went in search of a recipe to make. This one seemed simple and sounded yummy. I omitted the dill and only used half of the rosemary that the recipe called for, but it was still overpowering, in my opinion. I would make this again, but with less rosemary and a bit more salt and pepper.
Date published: 2015-11-02
Rated 4 out of 5 by sms59 from Easy & Tasty I swapped out 1 cup of skim milk with 1 cup of heavy cream. Freshly grated Cabot Seriously sharp cheddar cheese.Used fresh Thyme instead of rosemary and other spices. Also added roasted corn that was mixed with caramelized onions., Next time I'm going to follow recipe as intended to see if the low fat cheese and skim milk makes the recipe that much less richer & creamier.
Date published: 2015-11-23
Rated 4 out of 5 by Brett from Follow recipe to the letter. Good recipe. I goofed and put bacon in too soon - still tasted good. Leave out the dill if this is for kids or picky eaters - just keep it simple.
Date published: 2015-10-09
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|