Balsamic Citrus Dressing
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) organic balsamic vinegar
- 3 medium oranges, peeled, halved
- 3 green onions, white part only or 1/4 cup chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons (25 g) granulated sugar or other sweetener of choice
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) lime juice or 1/2 lime, peeled
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
- Place vinegar, oranges, onion, garlic, sugar, lime juice, pepper, and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn on machine and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove lid plug.
- Pour oil in a thin stream through the lid plug opening until thoroughly emulsified.
Refrigerate in airtight container. Bring to room temperature and shake before serving over salad. Use agave nectar in place of sugar for a raw diet.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.