A simple pantry recipe, this dressing can be thrown together at the last minute for dinner in a pinch.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) olive oil
- Place vinegar, mustard, pepper, and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5. Remove lid plug and drizzle olive oil in a slow stream through the lid plug opening.
- Replace lid plug and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for an additional 10 seconds.
Refrigerate in airtight container.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
I followed this exactly and the dressing did not emulsify. This has happened on more than more occasion. Why is this happening?
If you are having issues with this recipe it could be due to the size if your container, give us a call to further address the issue. 800.848.2649 Any one of our representatives would be more than happy to assist you!
Date published: 2016-07-19
Do you have nutritional values it can be viewed when using your product?
There is nutritional information listed with each recipe, here is a link for this recipe https://www.vitamix.com/Recipes/Basic-Vinaigrette/C-Series/Variable-Speed/Classic-64-Ounce#nutritional-facts
Date published: 2016-04-26
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|