Basil Walnut Pesto
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (25 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups (80 g) fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup (30 g) walnuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to Variable 7.
- Blend for 45 seconds-1 minute, using the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
Recipe yields enough sauce to coat one pound of pasta.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|