Basil Walnut Pesto
Blended in a single minute, this creamy pesto recipe yields enough sauce to coat a pound of pasta for an easy dinner fresh from the herb garden.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (25 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups (80 g) fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup (30 g) walnuts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to Variable 7.
- Blend for 45 seconds-1 minute, using the tamper to press ingredients into the blades.
Recipe yields enough sauce to coat one pound of pasta.
Do you need to add any liquid to this recipe? Every time I do this, all the ingredients get stuck under the blade and then nothing happens. I try to push the tamper stick in, but it doesn't reach anything.
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|