Beet, Strawberry, Cranberry Smoothie
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) cranberry juice, chilled
- 1/4 cup (24 g) cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 (50 g) small beet, steamed
- 1/3 cup (50 g) frozen strawberries
- 2 teaspoons honey or other sweetener, to taste
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
The consistency of this smoothie will turn out as more of a juice drink.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Beet, Strawberry, Cranberry Smoothie is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Keen from Tastes Great! I don't like eating beets, but drinking it and its' earthly flavor is great in this drink.
Date published: 2015-12-06
Rated 4 out of 5 by Lala from Good Mix good mix but thought it a little strong flavor and too thick for me. I added half a cucumber and a little flax seed oil and voila! Much better for me
Date published: 2016-03-31
Can the beets be raw instead of steamed ? how well it need to be steamed .. till soft...
You may leave the beets raw if you would like, it will leave this smoothie with an earthy flavor rather than a sweet flavor. It is suggested to steam them until tender.
Date published: 2016-04-26
Why do you steam the beet first and not just blend it raw with other ingredients? Other recipes I've seen using beets have them blended raw.
This is just another possibility when working with fruits and vegetables. This will work with raw beets.
Date published: 2016-05-06
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|