Beet, Strawberry, Cranberry Smoothie
With its bright red color and sweet cranberry/strawberry flavor, this smoothie makes it easy to fit the long-neglected beet into your menu.
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) cranberry juice, chilled
- 1/4 cup (24 g) cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 (50 g) small beet, steamed
- 1/3 cup (50 g) frozen strawberries
- 2 teaspoons honey or other sweetener, to taste
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
The consistency of this smoothie will turn out as more of a juice drink.
how do you steam the beet? What would happen if I use a roasted beet
Can I use raw beet?
Can the beets be raw instead of steamed ? how well it need to be steamed .. till soft...
Why do you steam the beet first and not just blend it raw with other ingredients? Other recipes I've seen using beets have them blended raw.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|