Black Bean and Jalapeño Sauce
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken stock
- 14 ounces canned black beans, drained, reserve liquid
- 1/2 cup (80 g) chopped yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 (10 g) jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup (75 g) diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup (75 g) diced yellow pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4-1/2 cup (60-120 ml) water
- Heat a Sauté pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the next 5 ingredients. Sauté for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients and half of the sautéed mixture into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- If sauce is getting too thick (sauce should be spreadable) add a little more water or stock.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 or 5 and remove the lid plug. Add remaining sautéed mixture through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for an additional 5 seconds.
Recommended for Tortilla filling, gorditas, tostadas or use as a hot or cold dip.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Directions are unclear
Place the first 5 ingredients to saute in a pan. Reserve half of this mixture to add to the container later in the instructions. Take the other half and the remaining ingredients in the list and add that to the Vitamix container and blend. When that is completely blended reduce the speed and add the reserved mixture through the lid plug to finish off the sauce.
Date published: 2016-03-18
|Serving Size||0.5 c ( 120 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|