Black Bean and Jalapeño Sauce
This spicy Mexican sauce can be served as a hot or cold dip, or used to enhance tortilla filling, gorditas, and tostaditas.
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken stock
- 14 ounces canned black beans, drained, reserve liquid
- 1/2 cup (80 g) chopped yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 (10 g) jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup (75 g) diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup (75 g) diced yellow pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4-1/2 cup (60-120 ml) water
- Heat a Sauté pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the next 5 ingredients. Sauté for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients and half of the sautéed mixture into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- If sauce is getting too thick (sauce should be spreadable) add a little more water or stock.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 or 5 and remove the lid plug. Add remaining sautéed mixture through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for an additional 5 seconds.
Recommended for Tortilla filling, gorditas, tostadas or use as a hot or cold dip.
Directions are unclear
|Serving Size||0.5 c ( 120 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|