Easily blend this whole-grain batter in just seconds.
- 1 1/4 cups (150 g) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup (56 g) soy flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) soy milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy oil
- 1/2 cup (110 g) brown sugar
- 1 cup (40 g) bran flake cereal
- 1/2 cup (82 g) raisins
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C ). Lightly coat muffin pans with non-stick spray or line with paper baking cups.
- Combine whole wheat flour, soy flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and ground cloves in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Place milk, eggs, oil, and sugar into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4 or 5.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry ingredients. Add raisins and cereal. Mix gently by hand to combine.
- Fill muffin pan 2/3 full. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 muffin|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
actually, instead of the soy flour, soy oil, and soy milk??? substitutes please?
You may use any kind of flour, chickpea flour is a good substitute for soy flour. The oil can be switched for a vegetable oil, and any kind of dairy milk can be used.
Date published: 2016-04-22
Anything I can use instead of Soy Flour?
Any other flour will work in place of soy flour, we suggest the soy flour because it has a lot of protein. Chickpea flour is another good one to use. Or you can just use all whole wheat flour.
Date published: 2016-04-20