Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1 cup (240 ml) skim or low fat milk
- 1/2 cup (38 g) shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (195 g) broccoli or cauliflower, fresh or frozen, steamed
- 1 teaspoon diced onion
- 1/2 chicken or vegetable bouillon cube
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
Serve over additional steamed broccoli pieces. (optional)
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|