Brown Rice Grits
- 1 cup (190 g) brown rice
- 3 1/2 cups (840 ml) water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place brown rice into the Vitamix DRY BLADE container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7 or 8.
- Grind to desired degree of fineness, about 10 seconds. If a finer cereal is desired, grind longer.
- In a saucepan heat salted water to boiling. Slowly add cracked rice to boiling water, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Reduce temperature to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir frequently.
Serve with low fat milk and honey, if desired.
This recipe has been written for the Vitamix 5200 with Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.