Brown Rice Grits
- 1 cup (190 g) brown rice
- 3 1/2 cups (840 ml) water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place brown rice into the Vitamix DRY BLADE container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7 or 8.
- Grind to desired degree of fineness, about 10 seconds. If a finer cereal is desired, grind longer.
- In a saucepan heat salted water to boiling. Slowly add cracked rice to boiling water, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Reduce temperature to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir frequently.
Serve with low fat milk and honey, if desired.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 242 g )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|