Buckwheat and Berry Smoothie
Brimming with color, this smoothie includes buckwheat—a nutritious, gluten-free grain.
- 1 cup (240 ml) almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 cup (140 g) frozen strawberries
- 1 cup (140 g) frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup (75 g) buckwheat, soaked in water 30 minutes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 )|
|Amount Per Servings|
Sorry about the misspelling! I am asking about buckwheat grain....whole, unhulled grain. It is supposed to be difficult for regular blenders to grind and has more cautions about it than wheat grain. Thank you for your answer :).
Thank you for the question! Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have either online, or phone in to our contact center at 800-848-2649
Date published: 2016-09-07
Can the Vitamix grind whole buckwheat grani, that is, the buckwheat with the triangular hull on it? The hull gives the great buckwheat flavor.
Yes, you can grind whole buckwheat in the Vitamix. However, it is suggested to grind whole grains in the Vitamix Dry Grains container.
Date published: 2016-08-30