- 2 cups (480 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt, to taste
- Place cream into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend until mixture is thick and you hear a change in the sound of the machine.
- Stop machine and scrape down the sides of the container with a spatula to bring ingredients into the center of the container.
- Reset machine to Variable 5.
- Turn machine on and blend for 5 seconds, stop and scrape sides again.
- Repeat this process several times until you see mixture start to flow easier and fluid appears.
- Blend for a few more seconds until solid butter sets up in center of container on top of blades.
- Place butter in a fine strainer to drain. Work butter with a spatula to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Remove butter to a bowl and add salt to taste.
- Store in an airtight container.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Butter is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by ccrollins from Love how quick this is... Okay it took me a couple tries to master it, but now I love it. You can add honey or garlic... Really whatever you want to make specialty butters. Follow the directions exactly. The five second spurts needed about 10 to 15 repeats. I ended up leaving the lid off the Vitamix at that point and scraping the sides with a rubber spatula during this phase while the blender was running. Be careful to only touch the sides or say goodbye to your spatula and that batch of butter. Haha.
Date published: 2015-12-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kerita from Be patient Made this and it turned out perfect. Just when I thought it was a fail it turned into butter. Yummy!
Date published: 2016-01-29
I am having the same problem...What do I do now with this hot mess in my vitamix.. do I put it back it back in the refrig It never really whipped. either. I have the 750. Please help .I I'ive in Mexico and used whipping cream.
First make sure your heavy cream (36% fat) is cold when starting the process. When using the 750 to make butter in the Vitamix change the variable speed setting in step six to 3. Then follow the steps 7-9. This will take about 10 to 15 times of the start stop scrape to make the butter.
Date published: 2015-12-22
How long on average is the first blending time? I'm getting really hot cream after about 5 minutes, and not hearing that "change in sound". Help!
The first blend time should be around 30 seconds. This will form a whipped cream. You can then start to scrape down the sides and use the tamper to push the cream into the blades until the butter starts to form. When blending for a long period of time you are heating the liquid and the butter will melt and not set up.
Date published: 2016-01-09
|Serving Size||1 tbsp|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|