- 2 cups (480 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt, to taste
- Place cream into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend until mixture is thick and you hear a change in the sound of the machine.
- Stop machine and scrape down the sides of the container with a spatula to bring ingredients into the center of the container.
- Reset machine to Variable 5.
- Turn machine on and blend for 5 seconds, stop and scrape sides again.
- Repeat this process several times until you see mixture start to flow easier and fluid appears.
- Blend for a few more seconds until solid butter sets up in center of container on top of blades.
- Place butter in a fine strainer to drain. Work butter with a spatula to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Remove butter to a bowl and add salt to taste.
- Store in an airtight container.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
How long on average is the first blending time? I'm getting really hot cream after about 5 minutes, and not hearing that "change in sound". Help!
The first blend time should be around 30 seconds. This will form a whipped cream. You can then start to scrape down the sides and use the tamper to push the cream into the blades until the butter starts to form. When blending for a long period of time you are heating the liquid and the butter will melt and not set up.
Date published: 2015-11-27
|Serving Size||1 tbsp|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|