- 2 cups (480 ml) buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (120 g) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- Place buttermilk, eggs, oil, salt, and sugar into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5 or 6.
- Blend for 5 seconds and remove lid plug.
- Add flour, baking soda, and baking powder through the lid plug opening.
- Replace lid plug and blend for an additional 20 to 25 seconds, using the tamper until mixture is combined.
- Pour 1/8 to 1/4 cup (30-60 ml) batter onto hot, prepared griddle and bake.
For recipe variation, use 1 cup of wheat berries instead of the flour. Grind berries in Dry Grains Container for 1 minute on High prior to using in recipe.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 pancake|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||22 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|