A flavorful base is poured over cooked cabbage to create this quick and easy weeknight soup.
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) white wine
- 1/2 (35 g) small onion, peeled
- 1/2 (31 g) medium carrot
- 1 (300 g) large Russet potato, baked, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups (350 g) chopped cabbage
- Place broth, wine, onion, carrot, potato, caraway seed, dill weed, hot sauce, salt, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Meanwhile, cook cabbage in a large skillet with 1/2-1 cup (120-240 ml) water until tender.
- Drain excess water. Place cooked cabbage in serving bowls. Pour soup over cabbage.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Cabbage Soup is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 1 out of 5 by DamianOgre from bluck It was edible, and I did eat an entire bowl. But I won't make this a 2nd time. I wanted a cabbage recipe but the cabbage for the soup was cooked by itself and then the soup base was poured over top. The soup base was basically a thin potato soup. Soooo, maybe if the spices were changed up. 2nd try, blended half the cabbage in the base with half the chicken stock. meh.
Date published: 2016-02-08
Rated 4 out of 5 by Nathan from Pretty good.. I really enjoyed the taste of this soup, and it's really good for digestion. However, the smell of this soup from the onion stayed with the container for quite sometime, even after multiple wash cycles and other thing made.
Date published: 2015-11-16
Rated 1 out of 5 by sunnymonkey from Not a fan Did not like the taste at all. My husband thought it was ok but I would not make it again. It did not look appetizing either. It's possible the taste that I object to is the carraway seeds so if you like that taste, give it a try.
Date published: 2015-09-25
Rated 4 out of 5 by Artie from Easy to make I've enjoyed trying all these recipes with my new vitamix. This one was no different; easy and quick to prepare and full of nutrition an tasty goodness.
Date published: 2015-10-11
Rated 4 out of 5 by LCCal from Absolutely delicious! I don''t own a vitamix yet, but after this recipe, I know it will be even better! I added a few spices (cumin, garlic powder, chili powder), just for my own liking, and it turned out fantastic! The cabbage, especially, made my tummy smile from the inside.
Date published: 2016-01-02
Rated 2 out of 5 by DebbieJ from Not a fan I made this and was not very pleased. The taste was tolerable but I would not make it again,
Date published: 2015-10-31
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|