- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) white wine
- 1/2 (35 g) small onion, peeled
- 1/2 (31 g) medium carrot
- 1 (300 g) large Russet potato, baked, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups (350 g) chopped cabbage
- Place broth, wine, onion, carrot, potato, caraway seed, dill weed, hot sauce, salt, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Meanwhile, cook cabbage in a large skillet with 1/2-1 cup (120-240 ml) water until tender.
- Drain excess water. Place cooked cabbage in serving bowls. Pour soup over cabbage.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series and G-Series machines with Variable Speed control and 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Cabbage Soup is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 1 out of 5 by sunnymonkey from Not a fan Did not like the taste at all. My husband thought it was ok but I would not make it again. It did not look appetizing either. It's possible the taste that I object to is the carraway seeds so if you like that taste, give it a try.
Date published: 2015-09-25
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|