Caesar Salad Dressing
- 2 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 1/2 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/3 cup (33 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) lemon juice
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
Refrigerate in airtight container for three to four days.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Caesar Salad Dressing is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by katsc from Not vegetarian, although excellent Quick and tasty, but with an anchovy it is not vegetarian.
Date published: 2015-12-16
Don't have anchovies and you use a little bit of worcheshire sauce? Will it taste ok if you leave it out?
Yes it will taste fine without it. I sometimes add a little more salt, pepper and Parmesan when I leave the anchovy out.
Date published: 2016-01-06
|Serving Size||2 tbsp ( 30 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|