Caribbean Dry Rub
- 3/4 cup (165 g) brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 Tablespoons (35 g) kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons (5 g) dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Rub on raw meat. Let sit for 10-15 minutes before cooking.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.