Carrot Ginger Tofu Soup
This silky smooth purée has a brilliant yellow color, while garlic and ginger give it savory flavor.
- 4 (244 g) medium carrots, peeled, halved or 2 cups chopped
- 1/4 (18 g) small onion, peeled or 2 Tablespoons chopped
- 4 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of white pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh ginger root or Ginger Paste (See Recipe)
- 1/3 cup (70 g) light silken tofu
- 2 cups (480 ml) low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- Place carrots, onion and garlic into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 4 or 5.
- Blend for 10 seconds or until chopped.
- Heat oil in a small pan and sauté chopped ingredients until onion is clear and carrots are tender. Add a little broth, if needed.
- Place remaining ingredients into the Vitamix container, add sautéed ingredients and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Carrot Ginger Tofu Soup is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kawellm from Wonderful Ginger Flavor My whole family loved this. The fresh ginger is refreshing and the creaminess of the soup is divine. This is an easy recipe to make, which is a plus for a busy family. I made a recipe and a half to feed my family of 5. I also loved that it can be made vegan and no one would know it!
Date published: 2015-10-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ayesha108 from Highly palatable This recipe was delicious, the carrot fibre added a comforting thick feel to the soup. I also added a tablespoon of miso -will be making this again for sure
Date published: 2015-11-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by Khicks from Delicious I made this soup for the first time last night. It was so easy and really delicious. The ginger flavour was just perfect. It was the first time I've used my Vitamix to heat a soup as well as blend and I was surprised how easy it was.
Date published: 2016-02-14