Celery Potato Soup
This recipe uses the entire celery stalk, leaves and all, for a more intense celery flavor.
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) vegetable or olive oil
- 1 pound (454 g) chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (80 g) chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups (600 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 cup (240 ml) low fat buttermilk
- 2 (450 g) medium Russet potatoes, cooked and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, roasted, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sauté celery and onions in oil until softened.
- Add vegetable broth and let simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Place cooked ingredients, buttermilk, potatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe has been written for the C-Series machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. If you are using a different Vitamix machine or container size, you may need to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
|Serving Size||1 c ( 240 ml )|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|